Beauty…Peace…Privacy…Luxury… – a few of the words that will come to mind as you step into Ombak Luwung. In creating this absolute beachfront villa, we sought to combine simplicity with the exotic artistic embellishments characteristic of Balinese design. As you enter the villa, the vistas unfold, one after another, until you finally face the deep blue Indian Ocean and the hypnotic rhythm of the surf. We promise that you will be enchanted. A visit to Ombak Luwung will combine the luxury of a world-class resort with the relaxation afforded by absolute privacy. While there is an infinite range of activities and experience awaiting you beyond the walls of Ombak Luwung, you may find, like many of our guests, that you simply do not wish to leave. We look forward to sharing this piece of paradise with you – we know it will be an experience you will never forget.
Ombak Luwung is a completely private, self-contained villa right on Canggu Beach, which is midway between the busy Kuta district and the important Balinese temple, Tanah Lot. Just 300 meters up the beach, you will find one of the top surf breaks in Bali – Echo Beach. Canggu itself is a quiet, Balinese village, but we are only a 20 minute’s drive from the up-market shopping and dining districts of Legian and Seminyak. Half an hours’ drive up north, you will find the Meridien Resort and Nirvana Golf Course, frequently described as the most beautiful golf course in the world. Our staff will be happy to provide recommendations and directions.
Ombak Luwung comprises 5 bedrooms, each with its own ensuite bathroom. The master bedroom faces the sea and connects via a bridge to a separate bathing pavilion surrounded by a quiet pond. The master bedroom and the second front bedroom also face the deck and 17 meter infinity pool. A third bedroom connects to a lush private garden with a massage pavilion and outdoor shower.
Set in the midst of a large pavilion, the other two bedrooms make up the villa’s only two-story structure. The upstairs provides expansive views out to sea while the downstairs doubles as a study/media room.
Ombak Luwung consists of five separate buildings, which include five bedrooms, each with its own ensuite bathroom, as well as a dining pavilion and a massage pavilion. The large, open-air living room in the traditional wantilan design looks out to the 17 meter, infinity-edge swimming pool, heated spa, and finally, the incredible sea view. Additionally, our beautifully carved, antique lumbung (rice house) is perfectly situated to provide a private retreat to enjoy the fantastic sunsets over the Indian Ocean.
The study/media room houses a small library of books, movies, music, and games, while DVDs, CDs, and satellite TV can be enjoyed in all of the bedrooms. The villa is fully equipped with an intercom system, as well as broadband wireless internet and Ethernet access.
Ombak Luwung is a fully-staffed villa, which includes one manager, two chefs, four maids, two gardeners, one engineer, and four security guards. Our staff will be happy to arrange beauty, spa, and massage services as well as baby cots and babysitters upon request.
- Absolute beachfront; world-famous Echo Beach surfing at your doorstep
- Built-in 6000 sq ft on over an acre of lush, tropical grounds and gardens
- 5 bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom
- Capacity of 10 persons (as couples); extra beds can be arranged at US$35 per night
- 17m x 6m infinity swimming pool
- Heated Jacuzzi (seats 8)
- Full staff: 1 manager, 2 cooks, 4 maids, 2 gardeners, 1 engineer, 4 security guards
- IDD, intercom system, broadband wireless internet and Ethernet access
- DVD, VCD, and CD players in all bedrooms
- Satellite TV
- Small library of books, movies, music, CDs, and games
- Beauty and Spa, massage; other services can be arranged upon request
- Baby cot; babysitting services can be arranged upon request
- Equestrian facilities in walking distance (enjoy sunset gallops on the beach)
- 35 minutes from Denpasar International Airport
- 15 minutes from world-class Meridian Nirwana Golf Course
- 15 minutes from Bali’s best shopping and restaurant district
Ombak Luwung is an ideal venue for events such as weddings and family gatherings. Small functions of up to 15 persons can be handled by the villa staff. Functions of more than 15 persons will require additional staff and are subject to rental charges.
Events of more than 20 persons will require the purchase of an entertainment license from the local village authorities and may require the hiring of an event coordinator. Our proximity to several Balinese temples manes that we may be asked to observe noise restrictions or curfews.
Please enquire for further details – with adequate time to prepare, we can assure you an unforgettable event.
- Low Season USD $1950
- High Season USD $2450
- Peak Season USD $2950
Low Season:January 9th to May 31st (excluding Easter week and Chinese New Year week); September 16th to December 19th inclusive.
High season: June 1st to July 31st inclusive; September 1st to September 15th inclusive; Easter Week’ Chinese New Year Week
Peak Season: August 1st to August 31st inclusive; December 20th to January 8th inclusive
Terms & Conditions
- Rate above is valid until 31 March 2013
- Max guests Standing = 450 pax, sitting dinner = up to 300 pax
- Function fee at one night villa rate
- Banjar fee at USD $400
- Minimum stay : 5 low, 7 high and 10 peak
- Prices are subject to 15% Tax and Service